The DesignJet prints on 24″, 36″, and 42″ wide roll fed paper, this means your document MUST have a HEIGHT or WIDTH equal to one of those three sizes. Poster paper roll types are glossy. All print jobs are limited to the size of the paper roll. The printer’s best resolution is 2400×1200 DPI. Follow this link for more technical specifications
Hours of Availability
Printing is available between 9AM and 4PM M-F. A typical print job takes about 20 minutes (this time includes drying). Users are strongly encouraged to schedule their print job 1 day ahead of time.
The large format printer is available to all faculty, staff, postdocs, and graduate students in the department of Chemistry. Requests from users not directly affiliated with the Chemistry department is not permitted. Users are required to schedule printing using the link below. Walk-in print requests will be directed to the link below for scheduling.
A fee of $20 will be charged to reprint a poster if a mistake discovered after printing was attributed to the author. The department will print the first poster free of charge.
Proofs will be limited to one copy per print job. Users are encouraged to print and proof their document text using available printers from their research group or divisional offices. Your color source profile should be CMYK and special fonts should be embedded in the PDF file you send to print.
- Prepare your poster using PowerPoint, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or other application.
- Please submit your print jobs in PDF format. Save your poster as a PDF file with the correct dimensions (see above). Be sure to proof your PDF file before uploading it, check the color profile and embed any special fonts.
- Schedule and upload your poster using the link below. You will receive a reply confirmation from the IT Shop with a time to pick up your poster between 9.30AM and 4.30PM M-F.
- Schedule your print job 24 hours in advance of when its needed. Keep in mind many of your colleagues are likely also printing posters for conferences and other engagements which increases demand for the printer. Printing is done on a scheduled basis, walk-in requests will be redirected to the link provided above.
- Know your software. The IT Shop staff are not able to assist with the layout and design of your document. Suggested software for developing large format documents are Photoshop, PowerPoint, and Illustrator. Submitted documents must be in PDF format.
- Have funding arrangements in place to pay for your printout. Additional copies of a printout will be charged to a grant/group/faculty account at a rate of $20.00 per copy after the first copy is printed. Please be prepared to provide the chart field string for billing. Chart field strings are account numbers we will use to bill you for additional copies and they may be obtained from your faculty or division secretary.
- Use a poster tube. Printed posters are easy to damage. Consider purchasing a poster tube to match the size of your printouts, i.e. 36 or 42 inches in length and 3-4 inches in diameter.
- Avoid using solid color backgrounds. Posters with 60-100% solid color backgrounds may not be printed. If you submit such a poster you may be asked to change the background color before it is printed.
- Print a proof page. You should consider printing a proof page before printing your fullsize poster to discover any mistakes with text, fonts and colors. Your proof should be a reduced version (8.5″ x 11″) of your original poster. It is our preference that proof pages are printed on division or research group printers.
- Avoid using the incorrect UF logos. You are NOT allowed to use the State of Florida seal. You can find the correct UF logos here: http://www.identity.ufl.edu/resources/ Posters with the incorrect logo will not be printed.