Chemistry IT Shop provides links to available software from the Chemistry department and the University. References to relevant Open Source software are also included provided. Chemistry IT Shop manages eligibility and licenses for software purchased by the department for its users, and serves as the liaison for software purchases available from the university. Software available to faculty and staff for personal use is the responsibility of the end user. Chemistry IT Shop will help users determine the appropriate software, provide quotes, assist with acquisition, installation and configuration.
Software You Can Download From The Chemistry Department
CLICK HERE to view software that you can download, and for information and instructions on this software.
*Please note that that you still can download executable files (those ending in “.exe”), however for security purposes, they now are compressed inside .zip files. You must open these Zip files to extract the files inside. Most computers support the ability to open zip files by double-clicking on them. For more information on zip files, visit http://kb.winzip.com/kb/
The following software programs are licensed for the Department of Chemistry and in some cases the University of Florida. Links to download software from these software vendors are provided below.
ACD/NMR Processor v.12
Available for Windows only.
System Requirements: Windows Vista / Windows 7; 4GB RAM; 1.5 GB Hard Drive (8GB recommended); .NET 2.0 or 3.5
License Type: Perpetual, Site License
License Eligibility: Chemistry Department Faculty / Graduate Students / Staff
Number of Devices: Discretionary. Consult with the IT Shop. License Renewal Date: N/A (Version 12 from 2012) Download from Vendor: http://www.acdlabs.com/resources/freeware/ Vendor Website: http://www.acdlabs.com/products/adh/spectrusprocessor/nmr/ Freeware: http://www.acdlabs.com/resources/freeware/nmr_proc/ Vendor Resource Links: http://acdlabs.typepad.com/freenmrblog/
System Requirements: Windows – Intel compatible, 32-bit: Windows XP/Vista/7/8 and 10License Type: Annual LeaseLicense Eligibility: Campus wideLicense Renewal Date: Annually January 1stDownload from Chemistry : Get CCDC – You will need your Gatorlink IDManual: https://www.ccdc.cam.ac.uk/solutions/csd-system/components/conquest/
Vendor Website: https://www.ccdc.cam.ac.uk/solutions/csd-system/components/csd/
Vendor Resource Links: https://www.ccdc.cam.ac.uk/solutions/csd-system/components/conquest/
PerkinElmer Chemdraw Suite
ChemDraw Ultra Versions 16, 17 and 18 You must have a valid Department of Chemistry email address to register and download ChemDraw. Available for Mac and Windows versions. System Requirements License Type: Annual Subscription Eligibility: Chemistry Department Faculty / Graduate Students / Staff
Ineligible Users: Undergraduates students in Chemistry and faculty/students/staff not in the Chemistry Department
Number of Devices: Three computers (any combination of personal or business desktop/Laptop) License Expires 9/27/2019 ChemDraw 16 Download and Licenses using your Department email address: http://sitelicense.cambridgesoft.com/sitelicense.cfm?sid=141 ChemDraw 17 and 18 Download and Licenses using your Department email address: https://gallery.cambridgesoft.com/register.html?FlexeraAccountId=3683SLNote: Installation and user manuals will be available from download area after successfully registering with your department email address.Click here for the Vendor website link to ChemDraw
Diamond 3.2g / Diamond 4.1
Available for Windows versions. System Requirements:Personal computer with MS Windows® 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, or Windows 7 (Windows NT® 4.0 on request)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 (or higher)
- Pentium® II compatible processor (or higher)
- 64 MByte of RAM (or more)
- Graphics resolution of 1024×768 and 16 bit color depth (or higher)
- CD-ROM drive
- Hard disk with minimum 100 MB free disk space (or more)
- Microsoft compatible mouse
License Type: Perpetual
License Eligibility: Chemistry Department Faculty / Graduate Students / Staff
Number of Devices: Unlimited UF owned computers in the Dept. of Chemistry. Three computers for Faculty and Staff. Installs on personal student computers prohibited.
License Renewal Date: None, this software version is owned by the Chemistry Department
Download from Chemistry IT Shop: Get Diamond – You will need your Gatorlink ID
Download from Vendor: http://crystalimpact.com/diamond/download.htm
Manual: http://crystalimpact.com/diamond/download.htm. Scroll to end of page.
Vendor Website: http://crystalimpact.com/
Vendor Resource Links: http://crystalimpact.com/diamond/Default.htm
Available for Windows and Mac License Description. System Requirements: Available for Windows only. License Type: Perpetual, UF Site License License Eligibility: All UF Faculty / Students / Staff
Number of Devices: Unlimited UF owned computer on campus License Renewal Date: None Download from Chemistry IT Shop: Get HyperChem8 – You will need your Gatorlink ID Download from Vendor: http://www.hyper.com/Download/tabid/357/Default.aspx (Register, download and install). Contact IT Shop for licensed files. Vendor Website. www.hyper.com
Vendor Resources: http://www.hyper.com/Community/Tutorials/tabid/417/Default.aspx
Available in Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows versions. License Description System Requirements: Windows, Linux, Mac License Type: Annual lease License Eligibility: Chemistry Department Faculty / Graduate Students / Staff
Number of Devices: Chemistry Department owned computers. No personal installation. License Renewal Date: Annually in March Download from Chemistry IT Shop: Get Matlab – You will need your Gatorlink ID Manual: http://www.mathworks.com/products/matlab/ Vendor Website. http://www.mathworks.com/products/matlab/ Vendor Resource Links: http://www.mathworks.com/help/
Mnova Version 8.1
Available for Mac and Windows System Requirements License Type: Perpetual License Eligibility: Chemistry Department Faculty / Graduate Students / Staff
Number of Devices: One computer per user License Renewal Date: None Download from Chemistry IT Shop: Get Mnova Software – You will need your Gatorlink ID Manual: http://mestrelab.com/software/mnova/manuals/ Vendor Website: http://www.acdlabs.com/products/adh/spectrusprocessor/nmr/ Freeware: http://www.acdlabs.com/resources/freeware/nmr_proc/ Vendor Resource Links: http://mestrelab.com/resources/ (including video starting guides, webinars, blogs and manuals)
http://mestrelab.com/resources/auto-assignments/ National Instruments LabView Spring 2010 Available in Linux, Mac OS X and Windows versions. more info…License Description.System Requirements License Type: Annual lease License Eligibility: Chemistry Department Faculty / Graduate Students / Staff
Number of Devices: Chemistry Department owned computers. No personal installation. License Renewal Date: Annually in October Download Link: https://lumen.ni.com/nicif/US/GB_ACADEVALSOFTWARE/content.xhtml (For license: send request to support @ chem . ufl . edu)
Vendor Website: http://www.ni.com/labview/
Vendor Resource Links: http://www.ni.com/labview/technical-resources/
Available in Windows version. more info…License Description.System Requirements Licence Type: Perpetual License Eligibility: Chemistry Department Faculty / Graduate Students / Staff License Renewal date: None Download from Chemistry IT Shop: Get Mnova – You will need your Gatorlink ID Manual: http://www.originlab.com/doc/User-Guide Vendor Website: http://www.originlab.com/ Vendor Resource Links: http://www.originlab.com/doc/
A complete list of campus wide available software can be found here: https://software.ufl.edu/software.html. Your Gatorlink ID will be required to obtain software details including order forms.
- Software Available for Departmental Licensing
- Software available for individual Faculty and Staff licensing
- Software available for Students
The University of Florida UFApps portal provides anytime anywhere access to a host of applications for students only. Faculty may request access to UFApps to verify students are able to complete assignments. Faculty may not use UFapps as an alternative to software licensed for individual/department/college use.
Click here for UFApps. Your Gatorlink ID credentials are required.
Below are common Open Source applications used in our department. Please read the the end user license agreement before installing any software. In some cases, the software is only free for academic use only and/or permission from the developers is required. Registration may be required. This page is for informational purposes only.
- Clonezilla Based on DRBL, Partclone and udpcast, allows you to do bare metal backup and recovery of system disks and partitions.
- CNSsolveHeavy atom searching, experimental phasing (including MAD and MIR), density modification, crystallographic refinement with maximum likelihood targets, and NMR structure calculation using NOEs, J-coupling, chemical shift, and dipolar coupling data.
- CootMacromolecular model building, model completion and validation, particularly suitable for protein modelling using X-ray data.
- CygwinA collection of tools which provide a Linux look and feel environment for Windows.
- Cygwin-XCygwin-based X server for Windows.
- FreeNXRemote display that provides near local speed and application responsiveness over high latency, low bandwidth links.
- GabeditGabedit is a graphical user interface to computational chemistry packages like Gamess-US, Gaussian, Molcas, Molpro, MPQC, OpenMopac, Orca, PCGamess and Q-Chem.
- GParted-LiveGParted Live is a small bootable GNU/Linux distribution for x86 based computers which enables you to use all the features of the latest versions of the GParted application such as partition resizing.
- jEditMultiplatform plain text editor, including Apple Mac OS X.
- Notepad++An awesome plain text editor for Windows.
- ORCAORCA is a flexible, efficient and easy-to-use general purpose tool for quantum chemistry with specific emphasis on spectroscopic properties of open-shell molecules.
- PhenixA software suite for the automated determination of macromolecular structures using X-ray crystallography and other methods.
- puttySSH and Telnet client for Windows.
- Trans-Proteomic Pipeline (TPP)MS/MS-based shotgun proteomics analysis.
- WaterRoofIPFW frontend for Mac OS X written in Applescript and bundled as a Universal Cocoa-Applescript application. It requires Mac OS X 10.5 (PowerPC or Intel) and tested on 10.6.7.
- WinSCPWindows software to copy files from a remote SSH server (i.e. Getting your NMR files from the lab machines).
- XmingWindows X server software